Wednesday, August 11, 2004

CHOCOLATE BLUEBERRY LIFE

August 10, 2004

The sun is starting its ascent, up from the darkness of the other side of the earth. A fresh morning is still just a gradual brightening on the horizon. Any minute now, the rays of new light will glance off the remains of an old existence, instantly transforming the vestige into a happy memory behind me.

Our home is being assessed daily, by people looking for their own bright future. Our home will be their holy grail, to transform by their labors into their favorite flavor of dream. Our gift to the eventual buyers is a lovely home to envelop them. Their gift to us will be the freedom to roam and experiment and sample new flavors of dreams until we choose our favorite. I’d like a chocolate home on a blueberry beach with a raspberry mountain behind it, a hot fudge lawn and a big strawberry for a chimney!

The joy is seeping back into me, seeping through the cracks torn in my heart by temporarily losing my sense of security. I don’t want to feel as if it’s the home that anchors and shelters me. Even when I find myself in my own home again, I want to feel anchored on the planet and sheltered by the Creator. There is no loss, no possessiveness, under those conditions. I am always home, always cared for. What a peaceful, secure, wealthy way to live! That sounds like a chocolate blueberry hot fudge life to me.
* * * * * *

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about total wellness and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here.
I also have a web site & blog about total wellness so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch!

Anonymous said...

putting to waste some good money that could have been used in other areas of development for the business involved.