Monday, July 11, 2005

Bonnie and Clyde

This is a test post, to see whether or not I can really write from on the road. That is the primary reason for getting this alternate blog.

I am in Oklahoma, and have been here for a few days. We are visiting my sister's Comanche / Kiowa relatives. I enjoy being Aunt Bonnie; my sister's kids as well as their Oklahoma cousins call me Aunt Bonnie. We have been frolicking in the swimming pool, eating tons of food, laughing a lot, and playing games around the dining room table in their spacious, high-ceilinged strawbale adobe house on a small ranch.

This is my first meeting with Clyde, my ...uh... nehpew-in-law once removed? My excellent nephew. He is 14, and is tired of hearing how much he resembles my sister's son, his cousin John. Sorry, Clyde, but you're both totally wonderful guys. The fact that we've finally met in person solidifies an important relationship: Bonnie and Clyde are back!

We spent the day in Medicine Park - a historic preserve, with a wildlife preserve that shelters buffalo, longhorn cattle, elks, etc. In one little town, we discovered an amazing coincidence. The little cabins near the lake were where the original Bonnie and Clyde holed up after their infamous bank robberies. The town even had wooden cutouts of Bonnie and Clyde, where you stick your head through the hole and have your picture taken looking like them. Of course, Clyde and I did that, and did a couple of other poses too. I'll post the best of the photos as soon as my sister gets her film developed. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Aunt Bonnie! This is Clyde! I just read your blog!I'm happy! I'm excitied! I can't stop using exclamation marks! Yay. That's better. It is a very good website. or blog.whatever. So anyway I just wanted to give you my email address again, it is cooee_37@yahoo.com So I hope to see you soon! Adios!

Bonnie said...

Hiya Clyde! I'm back home now, and as tired as can be. I told Gary all about you. Hopefully next year he can come out too.

More later... right now I need some sleep. See ya.