Friday, July 02, 2004

BABIES

Today my husband kissed a grandmother. Right on the lips. mmmwwwaaaah. (ewww!) And I just stood there smiling.

'Cause it was me!

I've finally figured out how to have a child in my life. Chronically childless, I never succeeded in giving birth. My nieces and nephews have filled the gap to a fine degree, and I am glad. My sister adopted a gorgeous baby girl, and I got to name her the name I would have given a daughter of my own. Rose. (It's her middle name) We are very close, thankfully.I married a man with two children who visited several times a year. That decision led to my eventually having a baby in my life.

My stepson is now a new father to an adorable little boy named Ethan. Ethan has made me a childless grandmother. We're developing the kind of grandmother/grandchild bond that hopefully will develop into a lifetime of love. We already have some special games that we play together, even though he's only 4 months old. I just love carrying him around and feeling his warm baby snuggling and smelling his baby-fragranced head.

Only problem is that now I have to kiss a grandfather. ewww. Right on the lips.
* * * * * *

No comments: